Re: I'm orphan my packages and leave the project as maintainer

Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> writes:

> The FSF with out RMS would be like the Linux Foundations with out
> Linus.

To me, and I dare guess, to most people, the actions of RMS are not
being weighted against the important contributions he has made. Many of
us believe that he has crossed certain lines that cause his behavior to
be a problem nomatter how enormous his contributions are.

> With their personality quirks it is sometimes hard for some people to
> like them but at the end of the day they get the job done.

I hope that you do see that there is not a general agreement that the
term "personality quirks" covers the behavior being dicussed.

> RMS has done alot for FLOSS it would be sad to see his contributions
> come to a halt but he can always write software and contribute that
> way I guess.

This is not a debate about whether or not RMS has done enough for
free software for his behavior to be excused.

 -- Gard