Re: I'm orphan my packages and leave the project as maintainer

Le vendredi 26 mars 2021 à 16:50:06+0300, Sergey B Kirpichev a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 02:08:34PM +0100, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > I'm not trying to refrain you from leaving
>
> Well, lets I'll try last time to make things clear as much as I can.
>
> 1) Don't get me wrong, this is the end of story, started not today.
> 2) It's not something like "this hurts me, please do Debian
>    great again - or I'll leave".  I'm not in the camp of SJW's and won't
>    share their methods.

Well, you're doing so with your first mail which is "I'm leaving and
making a point".

> 3) It's not an invitation to discuss something with mentioned
>    GR and so on.  For me, all is clear.

For me it is not, but I'm glad that it is to you.

> 4) It's only a technical letter to the technical maillist.  End
>    of contribution.  Period.  Do what you should do.

A technical letter would not contain a philosophical dissertation about
"SJW" and bo-freaking-hoo Debian is bad towards RMS.

> Please don't CC me.  Keep me off.

Ack

> > but there are some things about how the project works that probably
> > need to be stated in a clearer manner for the sake of understanding.
>
> My first Debian contribution was ~2007.  DM since ~2011.  I've read
> DC, Constitution and so on.  I had a time to learn.

I'm happy to hear that you think that you've learnt and understood how
things work here.

> > A General Resolution is not (yet) a decision of the project
>
> I don't care.

It seems to me that you care enough to leave.

> 1) Debian project do political statements for all it's members.
>    Or "highly likely" will do.
> 2) There was an attempt to do this even without a GR.
> 3) No guarantees if this will not happen again.  Maybe next time
>    this will be coordinated on the private (forever?) maillist...

Well that is the principle of having a community of people with diverse
opinions. I'm sad to hear that this diversity is the cause of such
griefs.

> > As for RMS, whether one likes him or not, it's not hard to see his
> > public communications and see what things he defended.
>
> If someone won't/can't distinguish his personal opinions and ones on
> behalf of FSF stuff - not mine problem.

Any organization who keeps at a direction position someone expressing
controversial or unsane opinions is, in a sense, either ignorant of the
situation or encouraging it.

> > I wish you the best of luck in your future work
>
> Thank you.  WBR

Cheers.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2