Re: Making Debian available

Hi,

Le 12/01/2021 à 17:14, Sven Joachim a écrit :
> On 2021-01-12 16:36 +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 02:48:22PM +0000, Dan Pal wrote:
>>> Hello Debian Developers,
>>
>> Hello World,
>>

>>> I am writing to you from my Debian-Buster 10.6 laptop – that used
>>> to be a Windows 10 laptop. I would not be using Debian at all except I
>>> was able to find a dvd version at debian.org to install. I couldn’t
>>> install from a net install version because of my wireless chipset not
>>> being supported directly by Debian. The current policy of hiding other
>>> versions of Debian is limiting the adoption of your OS by people like
>>> me who are interested in moving from Windows 10.
>>
>> Seen the "I think it could be better", not yet seen the "how"
>>

>> Please elaborate the improvement.
>
> Provide a way to discover the working netinst with non-free firmware,
> right now it seems to be impossible to find.
>
> The official netinst image advertised on the homepage is for servers and
> virtual machines only.  How is an average user of Windows or even other
> GNU/Linux distributions supposed to know that official Debian images do
> not offer network access during installation on desktops and laptops?
>
> Cheers,
>        Sven

Maybe by adding a "Other" link under the big Download link pointing to other places ?

For example see attachment with "Other architectures and options" linking to:
https://www.debian.org/distrib/

And maybe add a link from https://www.debian.org/distrib/ to
images with non-free firmwares

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F                |