Re: trends.debian.net updated

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:36:37PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> If a package hasn't been uploaded for 7 years, then:
>
> * At least some of its binary packages were probably built by the
>   uploader, not on a buildd
> * If it's written in C or C++, it hasn't been built with all the
>   current hardening options that should be used
> * Its binary packages probably aren't repoducible
> * It may not build correctly with the current build tools (failure to
>   build at all would usually be caught and reported, though)

+1

* If it was maintained on Alioth its Vcs URLs are broken now.

* If its not yet maintained on Salsa that would be a good reason to do
  so

> I think we should be rebuilding everything at least once per release
> cycle, so we don't have a nasty surprise when these "mature" packages
> need bug fixes.

I have a script which outputs a sorted list of packages that are
relevant for the Debian Med Blend.  I try hard to upload all packages
not uploaded since the last release and I *always* had something to do.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de