Re: trends.debian.net updated

Hi Lucas

On 03-04-2020 22:41, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> There are a few things that strike me:
>
> - first, one can see how the number of package in testing decreases
>   slowly during freezes, as broken packages are removed

And interesting to see that this hardly happened during the last freeze.

> - second, it's surprising to see how the number of packages has been
>   quite stable since the beginning of the buster freeze

I expect this to be the result of the Python2 support removal which has
caused lots of packages to be removed from the archive.

> I keep wondering if we should make an effort to remove from testing
> packages whose packaging 'style' is clearly outdated, such as packages
> not updated since 2004 ('beav' is an example)...

Is there something wrong with those packages? If so, what is it exactly?
You can file RC bugs for real issues obviously.

Paul