Re: MBF? ftbs

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 08:15:47AM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Quoting Lucas Nussbaum (2020-03-23 07:44:50)
> > However, in several cases, it seems that the problem is that sbuild does not
> > install packages in Build-Depends-Indep when doing a source-only build, and
> > then fails when doing 'debian/rules clean'.  I wonder if that should be fixed
> > in sbuild.
>
> That is not a bug in sbuild. See Debian policy §7.7 [1]:
>
> > clean
> >     Only the Build-Depends and Build-Conflicts fields must be satisfied when
> >     this target is invoked

so it seems to me that these bugs should be filed with severity 'important'
just like 'packages leave files after purge on the system' bugs (which piuparts
detects and which we have been filing with severity 'important' since many
years:

- these are a clear policy violations, so 'normal' is not really appropriate.
- the practical impact however is low, so filing them with severity 'serious'
  does more harm than good.

--
cheers,
	Holger

There are no jobs on a dead planet. (Also many other things but people mostly
seem to care about jobs.)