Re: Master-Slave terminology Re: [Piuparts-devel] piuparts.d.o stalled?

Thanks to Ulrike also from me for pointing that out, its an important
topic! I think its good to see more and more software projects realizing
that terminology matters and that the words we use have an impact in
shaping societies.

(Thanks also to nicoo for this useful tip I stumbled upon some months ago:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42871542/how-to-create-a-git-repository-with-the-default-branch-name-other-than-master/50880622#50880622)

On 2/13/20 12:18 PM, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:

> Mallory Knodel is one of the chairs of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations
> (hrpc) research group[3], and I hope there will be more to come from that group
> in the future. The draft on "Notes on networking standards and politics"[4] looks
> interesting, for instance.

Yes, the HRPC list is definitly worth following, some other interesting
documents might by:

Feminism and protocols:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guerra-feminism-01

Research into Human Rights Protocol Considerations:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8280

Anonymity, Human Rights and Internet Protocols:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity-00

Guidelines for Human Rights Protocol Considerations:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-guidelines-03

Cheers,
Birger