Master-Slave terminology Re: [Piuparts-devel] piuparts.d.o stalled?

Hi Nicolas,

On 12.02.20 17:01, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:

> In any case, since DSA had to restart everything at UBC, the piuparts slave got
> restarted as well and it's churning through the backlog. Unfortunately it looks
> like restarting the slave just eats its logs.

I'd like to attract your attention to this very fine document:

https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-knodel-terminology-00.html#rfc.section.1.1

Quoting from there: "Master-slave is an oppressive metaphor that will
and should never become fully detached from history."

As an alternative:
"Several options are suggested here and should be chosen based on the
pairing that is most clear in context:

Primary-secondary
Leader-follower
Active-standby