Re: Master-Slave terminology Re: [Piuparts-devel] piuparts.d.o stalled?

* Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> [2020-02-13 11:49:25 +0100]:

> El mié., 12 feb. 2020 a las 21:07, Nicolas Dandrimont
> (<olasd@debian.org>) escribió:
> >
> > * Ulrike Uhlig <ulrike@debian.org> [2020-02-12 17:46:15 +0100]:
> > > I'd like to attract your attention to this very fine document:
> > >
> > > https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-knodel-terminology-00.html#rfc.section.1.1
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer to this document; I hope the authors succeed in putting
> > it through the RFC process.
>
> I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the bureaucratic procedures of the
> IETF and the RFC process, but I couldn't avoid to see that the text
> says "This Internet-Draft will expire on April 25, 2019".
>
> Does that mean that it was rejected, or is it just a reference
> timestamp with no direct relevance in the process?

Hey!

As far as I can tell, all drafts have an expiry date, which can be postponed if
the authors are still actively working on it.

According to the IETF data tracker on this draft[1], the draft was updated once
in March 2019, and then the new document's expiry date passed in september.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-terminology/

From looking at the IETF mail archives[2] I don't see much discussion, if any,
of the draft.

[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?q=%22draft-knodel-terminology%22

Mallory Knodel is one of the chairs of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations
(hrpc) research group[3], and I hope there will be more to come from that group
in the future. The draft on "Notes on networking standards and politics"[4] looks
interesting, for instance.

[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/hrpc/about/
[4] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-political/

Cheers,