Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

    Simon> Adoption of systemd on machines with popcon installed and
    Simon> active, which are largely desktop and laptop installations,
    Simon> i.e. those cases where systemd provides a tangible benefit.

Simon, I've seen your analysis of why systemd doesn't provide
significant benefits to server installations.
And yet, people also disagree with you and believe that systemd is
valuable for servers.
I've actually received multiple mails from people claiming that by
moving to systemd we are focusing on enterprise or server deployments at
the expense of the sorts of environments where you claim systemd has
value.

I understand that there's something you get at when you claim that
systemd has no value on servers.
And yet, phrasing things that way leaves no room for those who disagree
with you.
I'd appreciate it if you could come up with a phrasing that didn't state
that as fact.
"where I don't see the benefit of systemd," would be one simple solution
if that works for you.