Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 07:58 +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦  6 février 2020 09:50 +11, Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org>:
>
> > > and 2) continuing to use rsyslog isn't an option if the default changes.
> >
> > No. I just don't want default to change. IMHO rationale for this is weak
> > but everybody keeps arguing that it would not be a big deal. In time we will
> > see how that goes (what could possibly go wrong?) but why do the change in
> > first place?
>
> To not have logs duplicated in two places.

If this is your motivation for the change it is a _very_ weak one, right? Disk
space is not a crucial problem anymore. Additionally, what would be the defaults
for non-systemd systems running GNU/Linux? There are still a large number of
Debian users opting away from using systemd (and still use Debian, not
derivatives). And what about non-linux systems?

Thank you for your time!