Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

Martin Steigerwald - 06.02.20, 14:32:57 CET:
> Ansgar - 06.02.20, 13:25:06 CET:
> > On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 12:30 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > Especially as I found that I did not use journalctl in my daily
> > > practice anyway.
> >
> > Given you wrote earlier that you moved all but one of your machines
> > away from Debian, whatever Debian installs by default doesn't affect
> > you anyway.
> >
> > I don't write on mailing lists of distributions I don't use (or only
> > use a bit) arguing about what is included in their default
> > installation, though one could argue that emacs should be installed
> > everywhere by default.
>
> That I do not use Debian anymore on all except one of my system does
> not mean that I still feel bonds with the project, especially some
> teams of it, like the Debian Qt KDE team.
>
> Also it does not (yet) mean that I abandoned my packaging efforts for
> it.
>
> But of course, if you like to get rid of contributors, feel free to
> pursue this kind of "go away already!" attitude.
>
> To be very clear: After your comment I feel *unwelcome* here.

Okay, it is time to draw a conclusion out of this:

I choose not to repeat the same pattern as with previous discussions.

I have seen how people have been made unwelcome on debian-devel just for
*sharing* their concerns and points of view quite some times here.

So I leave, for now at least.

I feel unwelcome here.

Now I welcome and accept that feeling.

If you have nothing constructive or supportive about this please refrain
from contacting me. I may just delete any non-supportive mail without
any notification.

I am at a loss how Debian can resolve the underlying conflict at the
moment. I see how the GR certainly did not achieve this.

Whether I will leave Debian altogether and/or abandon my packaging work
is not up for decision today for me. I do not make such a decision
lightly, especially after the personal bonds and relationships I have
with some of the contributors to this project.

But for now participating in discussions on debian-devel does not appear
to be a healthy use of my time. So I stop doing that.

For now at least.

Best of success for moving through to a better outcome for everyone
involved. For now, I am out.

Best,
--
Martin