Re: Salsa CI news

On 2/6/20 12:13 AM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 February 2020 9:52:47 AM AEDT Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>
>> Really don't care.
>
> I see that... :(

See, I prefer to spend my time on doing open source software. I use
tools I can use and that are provided by others, even if the build was
done by other people on a different platform. Its still open source
software. The world would be much better if people would not discuss
about what is free or not, but just create free software. If there is
more free software, there is less need to use proprietary software. I'd
rather see that schools everywhere use linux instead fighting for a dfsg
free gitlab runner image.

>> You are free to setup and run your own runner.
>
> Just because you did not setup yours properly?

Its not my runner, I'm just happy with what salsa provides, and I'm
using my own one gitlab instance and runners for projects like ceph
where salsa is just undersized for.

The salsa admins are overworked and busy, so I'm sure you have the
biggest chance if you provide something ready to run in k8s, replacing
the existing image should not be too hard if there is a working, tested
and maintained one. Just make sure the latest version is available asap
after a release.