Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

The Wanderer writes:
> However, as it remains the case that they are shipped in the same
> package as /bin/systemd, and as I gather (mostly from this thread, I
> think) that some of the ways they are expected to be invoked probably
> rely on having systemd-the-daemon running

They don't rely on the `/bin/systemd` binary at all, and I'm fairly
certain that this was mentioned in the thread (and previous) and not the
opposite.

There was something about dh_installsystemd currently only running
systemd-tmpfiles in maintainer scripts if systemd run, but that can be
changed should Debian choose to use tmpfiles for more generic purposes.

> this does not entirely
> obviate my concerns related to needing to have systemd-the-package's
> daemons present in order to gain access to these facilities.

I'm happy to have helped overcome these concerns.

Ansgar