Re: Help needed: conflicting interests between Salsa admins and Salsa users (Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa)

Hello!

ti 31. jouluk. 2019 klo 14.55 Alexander Wirt (formorer@debian.org) kirjoitti:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2019, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > Also, if resources are an issue: I've offered several times to see if I
> > can get some k8s resources for gitlab runners, but never got a reply.
> > Not even a no.
> It is not a problem on the runner side.
>
> And as said, we are working on the other problems until we can improve
> something in that part.

If it is not a problem on the runner side and you don't need more
runner resources, what is the reason the runner is capped at 1h?
MariaDB is a huge beast and building it and running all tests take
1,5h for completely valid reasons (also note we have ccache on
Salsa-CI so re-builds are much faster).

Could you be kind at set back the default runner time limit to 2h as
it was some weeks ago?
This is stopping me and our contributors from working on putting
mariadb-10.4 in Debian.

It you don't intend to revert the change back to how it was?

Or could you please at least state the reasons at
https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/support/issues/184 ? So far you have
not commented anything in your own bug tracker at salsa/support..

Thanks again for everybody maintaining and developing Salsa, the CI
and all that comes with them. That has been a huge boost in my
motivation to continue Debian work and makes me much more productive
than ever before.

- Otto