Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git [and 1 more messages]

Holger Levsen writes ("Re: Preferred git branch structure when upstream moves from tarballs to git [and 1 more messages]"):
> On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 01:46:19PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > debcheckout *certainly* doesn't do this.  It just gives you the
> > current master which may not have been uploaded anywhere.
>
> nope:
>
> $ debcheckout munin
> declared git repository at https://salsa.debian.org/debian/munin.git -b debian
> git clone https://salsa.debian.org/debian/munin.git -b debian munin ...
> [...]

Sorry, I was speaking loosely.

I meant it gives you the current head of the maintainer(s)' main
Debian sid packaging branch.  Which may be (and often is) ahead of the
archive, because things have been pushed to it and not uploaded yet.

Ian.