Re: Removal of Wheezy and Jessie (except LTS) from mirrors

Am 26.03.19 um 10:43 schrieb Joerg Jaspert:
> On 15353 March 1977, Hideki Yamane wrote:
>
>>> The data is, of course, not lost - the whole of it is synced
>>> to archive.debian.org, so if you still need it you will be able to get
>>> it from there.[1]
>>  Some vendors asks their users to use archive.d.o but maybe archive.d.o
>>  doesn't have enough resource to deal with I'm afraid.
>>  https://discuss.circleci.com/t/apt-get-update-return-404/29237/3
>
> Except for the LTS part of jessie, none of wheezy/jessie should be used
> anymore, its out of security support.

I think it was not a good idea to archive parts of Jessie more than one
year before it is EOL. We have received several emails from users on
debian-lts already who were surprised by the change. [1] [2] [3] Please
send a heads-up to debian-lts before such interruptions happen or even
better wait with the archiving until two months after a LTS release is EOL.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2019/03/msg00117.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2019/03/msg00121.html