Re: jessie-updates gone

Le mar. 26 mars 2019 à 15:27, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar@fantomas.sk> a écrit :
> It was working since jessie was released, so anyone using jessie will
> apparently have it in sources.list.
>
> I believe one of LTS goals was to continue without need for changing
> sources.list.

As being still active (as part of the LTS effort), I would also have
expected jessie to work without fiddling with the sources.list. Even
if proposed as an empty repository, this would be nice to have
jessie-updates/ on the mirrors. I guess this could save many hours
around the globe of sysadmin wondering what have happened to their
instances and/or install process and if it's ok or not to have lost
jessie-updates.

> I also believe that after last point release all stuff was moved to main
> archive, so jessie-updates was supposed to be empty.

I've got the same understanding of the situation and suspect I'm
missing nothing as all updates are supposed to be included in the main
repository of revision 8.11. Nonetheless, I would truly appreciate
some clear feedback on it that all is fine without jessie-updates
(and/or get it back).