Re: Perhaps we're rehashed enough of the systemd discussions?

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 03:27:29AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Personally, I've no idea what enough is since I'm still seriously concerned
> this secret GR will make a bad situation worse.

I'm not sure why you call it a secret GR, there are no secret GRs.

> Personally, I think your GR is highly unlikely to make things better.  I hope
> I'm wrong, but even before it's been published, I feel like it's already
> caused people to become more firmly entrenched in their existing positions.

I was sceptical whether a GR on systemd at this point in time was
useful, but Russ convinced me it is. (I was and am quite annoyed by yet
another systemd thread on -devel the last weeks, and I now think that
Russ is right that a GR will finally allow us to move forward on this
topic.)

However this is also because I'm pretty sure what will happen once Sam
proposes his GR draft: there will be alternative resolutions and
amendments proposed, we will have more discussions and then we will have
a vote.

IOW: it doesnt really matter that much whether Sam will propose a good
or a bad GR, I'm confident that debian-vote@ will produce good options
to vote on and I also think we will get a good result out of such a GR.

Whatever a good result here means. ;)

(And I should maybe also say that I believe Sam will propose a good GR,
but thats mostly besides my point.)

--
cheers,
	Holger