Re: Integration with systemd

On Thu, 2019-10-31 at 15:45 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Oct 31, Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > No, and that's not our job. There are a lot of people out there
> > building non-systemd systems.
> Data says: not really a lot.

When elogind enters testing there would be many more people running
Debian with sysvinit/elogind. elogind is needed for desktop usage when
not using systemd as PID 1. And as said numerous times Debian
maintainers don't have to create sysvinit scripts, they have only to
_accept_ patches to add or fix sysvinit scripts.

Additionally, do you know that sysvinit (and elogind) has an active
upstream and an active maintainer. The number of bugs on sysvinit-
related packages has been reduced considerably recently! I can try to
find the actual numbers for the last months if somebody is interested.

Any ideas of the non-linux ports: Scrap them, and leave them in the
cold?