Re: source only upload with git-buildpackage

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM Alf Gaida <agaida@siduction.org> wrote:

> On 06.10.19 08:18, Attila Szalay wrote:
> > That option means that the system will create not only the binary
> > .amd.changes but another changes too which contains only the source
> > packages. And I would like to use this method to be sure the package
> > compiles, to be able to run the lintian against the package and even
> > be able to test it before the upload.
> >
> Sounds cool, right now i use a different workflow: Build and sign source
> packages and send them to pbuilder (different machine) - build in two
> architectures, lintian is part of the build process, pbuilder hook. So i
> was a bit irritated :)

I'm not sure what's your configuration.
But I use git buildpackage, too.

Seems you're using pbuilder / cowbuilder to do the real build, rather
than git buildpackage.
So you need to set up ~/.pbuilderrc, instead of ~/.gbp.conf

Personally, I set up "SOURCE_ONLY_CHANGES=yes" in ~/.pbuilderrc.
And I think you can get more info about pbuilder / cowbuilder by:
- https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks
- https://wiki.debian.org/git-pbuilder

If you need more help, I think you should share your ~/.gbp.conf and
~/.pbuilderrc

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo