Re: Bits from the DPL (August 2019)

On 10/1/19 3:57 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Holger> So to me this is more the consensus of those with the
>     Holger> priveledge to read, process and repond to this mailinglist,
>     Holger> yet there are many more people packaging software in Debian.
>
> I'd say it is a consensus of those who prioritize participating in this
> discussion enough to do so, consented to by the rest of the project.
> If we get it sufficiently wrong people in the broader community will let
> us know.

Several people including myself tried to do so, getting answers like
"not being part of the consensus" because mails arrive later than you
expected them.
While I think you are trying to do the right thing, the way you are
doing it is the worst I've seen in Debian so far.

> Yes, because of privilege some people can prioritize more things
> successfully.

So its privilege what counts in Debian? Not what you are doing? Or how
much time you are spending in Debian? Those, who actually do most of the
work in Debian behind the scenes, haven't been seen at all in these
discussions. Please go away with your privileges....

> What would be more useful than this criticism  is concrete advice on how
> I can shorten them while still accomplishing my goals.

How can you accomplish your goals if nobody knows your goals because
nobody reads your mails till the end? Maybe because they are just not
privileged enough to have the time to do so...