Re: Mozilla Firefox DoH to CloudFlare by default (for US users)?

// send from my mobile device

Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org> 于 2019年9月13日周五 06:51写道:
On 2019-09-12 22:27:39 +0200 (+0200), Simon Richter wrote:
[...]
> The idea for resilience is "too big to block".
>
> When Domain Fronting still worked with Google, people used this to
> circumvent censorship because blocking it would have required
> blocking Google, so cooperation from Google was necessary to
> implement effective censorship.
[...]
> I'd be in favour of installing it by default (keep in mind: we are
> also "too big to block", so we're in the position to give software
> that is useful for activists an install base that makes it hard to
> identify activists by having the software installed).

Note that by way of counterargument, Google and its services have
been blocked in mainland China by the Great Firewall for nearly a
decade now, so I question whether there is really such a thing as
"too big to block."
--
Jeremy Stanley

I share the same concern. And please note that cloudflare doesn't have pop in China mainland, and in some ISP from China, the latency can be more than 200ms(http://mping.chinaz.com/?host=1.0.0.1).