Re: Mozilla Firefox DoH to CloudFlare by default (for US users)?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 08:24:03 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:

> > On 9 Sep 2019, at 15:31, Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:
> >
> > I for one, do trust my ISPs a lot more than I trust Cloudflare or
> > Google, simply based on the jurisdiction.
>
> While I still strongly agree with you on this one (even though I think all
> major ISPs here are scumbags, especially the incumbent), I still strongly
> think we should not have this debate here, and we should turn this around
> the usual Debian policy - to not send data to 3rd party without explicit user
> content and defaulting to not doing so.

How is this worse than what we're already doing by default, namely
sending the same data to whoever happens to be on the network, in
addition to whoever happened to be listed in an unauthenticated dhcp
response?  (Which, if you're lucky, is your ISP, aka a 3rd party.)

Cheers,
Julien