Re: Mozilla Firefox DoH to CloudFlare by default (for US users)?

On the privacy topic...

Slides: https://irtf.org/anrw/2019/slides-anrw19-final44.pdf
Paper: https://dl.acm.org/authorize.cfm?key=N687437

And you can get to the video recording from the ANRW 2019 pages: https://irtf.org/anrw/2019/program.html

We can discuss (and it has been discussed) ad nauseam, but the point is that nobody (certainly I am not) is asking for crippling DoH, but I just strongly believe it’s in the line with other Debian work that we should not send data to 3rd party DNS service without explicit user consent.

Otherwise it doesn’t make any sense to remove external links to logos and _javascript_ from the documentation and then send everything to one single US-based provider.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>