Re: On the Removal of src:tensorflow

On 2019/09/05 05:55, Yao Wei wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 07:38:11PM -0700, Mo Zhou wrote:
>> I'm wondering who will read it. In the past I broadcasted some bits
>> I learned to the public mailing lists and people responded, but
>> nobody had ever asked me any detail about anything related.
>
> Recently there's ITP for DeepSpeech (#921519) based on Baidu's research
> and Mozilla Common Voice project, which is depending on TensorFlow:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech

I filed it and intend to keep it open for the foreseeable future. Based
on Mo's original post in this thread, I decided that it will be better
to look for alternatives to DeepSpeech (especially since all my intended
use cases rely on very limited dictionaries).

Things change though and the Tensorflow project might mature in a few
years and the project might have better methods available for building it.

> I think it is a good practice to leave a tombstone in the wiki that what
> you consider may be pitfalls for packaging deep learning programs and
> the problems that are specific to certain ML frameworks.
>
> If anyone wants to resurrect TensorFlow in Debian, then it is a good
> reference to see what they would like to avoid.

I think a link to Mo's mail is sufficient on the DeepSpeech ITP bug
report (and related ITPs). Less is probably more when it comes to wiki
pages at this point.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage