Re: Bypassing the 2/3/4GB virtual memory space on 32-bit ports

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 08:23:52PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 7:58 PM Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 01:49:57AM +0800, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > > The last time that we spoke, Theo, some time around 2003 you informed me
> > > that you were doing so very deliberately "to show everyone how stupid I
> > > was".  It was on the linux kernel lists.  It was also very shockingly
> > > unkind. I can see some signs that you are tryint to be deliberately
> > > confrontational and I do not like it.
> > >
> > > As the Debian lists are covered by the Debian Conduct document, please read
> > > it and review the talk that was given in Taipei (it had a panel of 5 people
> > > including Steve McIntyre, if someone remembers it please do kindly post a
> > > link).
>
> [i found it: https://wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment ]
>
> > Luke, please reconsider what you wrote above.
>
> ted has a history of being abusive, and hiding it extremely well.  the
> term is called "intellectual bullying".  it's where someone treats
> someone in a way that, to the majority of people, looks really,
> *really* reasonable, but on close inspection you find signs that
> they're not actually trying to work *with* people in the group,
> towards a solution, they're using the conversation as a way to make
> themselves superior to another human being.
>
> this is a form of "harrassment" - an intellectual kind.
>

> > The only person in
> > this thread whom I perceive as being confrontational is you,
> > while Ted has in my view been perfectly civil and completely
> > non-confrontational in what he wrote here.
>
> ah, karsten: yes, i recall your violent hatred from very recent
> conversations on other lists.

As you bring the topic of previous discussions about your
behaviour on mailinglists in other contexts up yourself, I would
like to provide the readers of this thread with a link to the
thread that you are referring to above, so that they can read it
and decide for themselves who is displaying "violent hatred" on
mailing lists and come to their own judgement about your
allegations:

https://groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/forum/#!topic/isa-dev/Jnon96tVQD0

Regards,
Karsten
--
Ich widerspreche hiermit ausdrücklich der Nutzung sowie der
Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der Werbung