Re: Why keep upstream sources in Git at salsa.d.o?

Le 13/08/2019 à 01:17, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> Am Montag, den 12.08.2019, 19:53 +0200 schrieb Marc Haber:
>> On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:03:51 +0200, Daniel Leidert
>> <dleidert@debian.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> What I really don't understand is, why we duplicate upstream files (now
>>> even
>>> really large files) on salsa.d.o. The debian/-only approach (or "overlay"
>>> layout in git-buildpackage) works fine. Salsa CI also works just fine.
>>
>> When I started with mantaining my packages in git, that layout way not
>> yet available. Actually, this was my major beef against git since I
>> had been using this approach happily with svn und svn-buildpackage for
>> years.
>>
>> I haven't heard that a debian/ only repository layout is possible with
>> git-buildpackage before today.
>
> Works nicely. I keep a file debian/gbp.conf usually with the content
>
>> [DEFAULT]
>> pristine-tar = false
>> debian-branch = master # or debian/sid
>> verbose = true
>>
>> [buildpackage]
>> overlay = true
>
> in Git for others; and I use debian/.gitattributes with this content:
>
>> .gitattributes export-ignore
>> salsa-ci.yml export-ignore
>> gbp.conf export-ignore
>
> to keep the Debian package clean.
>
> The default salsa-ci.yml works very well with this too. We use this layout for
> most of our packages in the debichem team. As far as I heard, the KDE team uses
> it too.
>
> `gbp pq` doesn't work with this layout.
>
> Regards, Daniel

Hi,

I'm curious about keeping only debian/ in git.
How to build such git repository ?

I've tried one of yours but failed like this:
```
$ gbp clone https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-html-proofer
gbp:info: Cloning from
'https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-html-proofer'
$ cd ruby-html-proofer/
$ gbp buildpackage "--git-builder=sbuild -v -As -d unstable" \
> --git-export-dir=../build-area
gbp:error: upstream/3.11.1 is not a valid treeish
```

I guess I'm missing either a part of git history or just the orig
tarball, but what's the normal way to get it ?

(maybe there is a doc or wiki somewhere about this ?)

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F