Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild (was: Bits from the Release Team)

Shengjing Zhu writes ("Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild (was: Bits from the Release Team)"):
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:18 PM Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:
> > Just `git clean -xdff && dpkg-buildpackage -S` and dput the result, or
> > (easier) `dgit push-source`.
>
> Maybe I miss something, sbuild just calls `dpkg-buildpackage -S`. If
> sbuild doesn't include orig tarball in -2 source.changes, then
> `dpkg-buildpackage -S` doesn't either.
>
> Is there any option of dpkg-buildpackage to include orig tarball in -2 changes?

Dunno, I'm afraid.  I quickly skimmed the FM and didn't see it.  But,
I want to point out (inexplicably Sean didn't mention this):

If you use `dgit push-source' to do your upload you do not need to
worry about this.  dgit knows how to ask the archive what .orig
tarballs are already there, and includes the .orig if it is going to
be needed, and not otherwise.  Ie dgit doesn't guess based on the
version number.  (It will also spot if the .orig you have is not the
same as the one in the archive.)

Ian.