Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 09:46:28AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 03:17:39 +0000, Mo Zhou <lumin@debian.org> wrote:
> >The design of .durpkg is permissive enough because the header part, i.e.
> >the shell script is fully controled by the user. In this shell script,
> >one could just copy the nearby debian directory to the root dir of
> >source tree, and/or optionally unfold the trailing HFT[1] part.
> >Without the HFT part, every file will only have one syntax.
> >Template with an auxiliary debian/ directory is missing but that
> >doesn't mean it's not supported.
>
> Is there a vim mode (folding, syntax hilight) for that file type? If
> not, then this format has a _significant_ disadvantage over the way we
> have been doing things for two decades.

As a vim user, I'd love to explore the syntax script for HFT format,
although I have little knowledge about vim scripting. The issue is
tracked here[1], and the vim syntax looks possible to implement
according to some links there.

The HFT format is supposed to work like sort of "plain text tar".  I
also planned to add file mode support. Due to the nature of the HFT
format, one can actually complete the debian/ directory first, then pack
it into the HFT format and append the HFT file to the .durpkg.  When
editing the debian/ files in .durpkg feels bad, one can temporarily
unfold the HFT part into the debian/ directory and edit. See [2].
Or one can just keep the debian/ directory unfolded.

Anyway, it would be much better if a vim syntax for HFT is available.
And it would be much appreciated if any vim expert can point me the
shortest path to implement that :-)

[1] https://github.com/dupr/duprkit/issues/40
[2] See point.2 at https://github.com/dupr/duprkit#create-new-recipe