Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 06:53:44PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Mo Zhou <lumin@debian.org> writes:
>
> This is one of those vi vs. Emacs things: I don't think you're going to
> convince anyone who prefers it the other way.  Possibly my least favorite
> thing about RPMs is the spec files, because by smashing everything
> together into the same file, the syntax of that file is absurd.  This bit
> is a shell script!  This bit is a configuration file!  This bit is
> human-readable text!  This bit is a patch list!  This bit is a file
> manifest!  This bit is a structured changelog!  This bit is a bunch of
> preprocessor definitions!  Aie.
>
> One syntax per file, please.

The design of .durpkg is permissive enough because the header part, i.e.
the shell script is fully controled by the user. In this shell script,
one could just copy the nearby debian directory to the root dir of
source tree, and/or optionally unfold the trailing HFT[1] part.
Without the HFT part, every file will only have one syntax.
Template with an auxiliary debian/ directory is missing but that
doesn't mean it's not supported.

I'll keep in mind to carefully consider different user preferences,
and possibly also provide different templates.

[1] https://github.com/dupr/duprkit/blob/master/bin/hft