Re: is Wayland/Weston mature enough to be the default desktop choice in Buster?

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 08:44:45AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 11:25 PM Mo Zhou wrote:
> > I second that since I always refuse to use Wayland, due to
> I'm currently using GNOME on Xorg because:
> Under Wayland applications seem to have a problem displaying
> fullscreen, for example totem only displays video in the upper left
> corner of the screen, on both Intel and nouveau drivers.

You use your display in HiDPI mode or, worse, in fractional HiDPI mode?

At least with the later setting I had problems as well.  But usually all
the tools behave sane and my mpv knows about the real resolution and can
use it.

> There doesn't appear to be anything like devilspie in Debian for GNOME
> on Wayland.

This package is maintained by QA.

Regards,
Bastian

--
You!  What PLANET is this!
		-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0