Re: is Wayland/Weston mature enough to be the default desktop choice in Buster?

Hi,

> I think the default should be reconsidered.

I second that since I always refuse to use Wayland, due to

1. Gnome's keyboard configuration under wayland is definitely rubbish.
   I need extremely high keyboard repeat rate and short latency:

     xset r rate 160 160

   The fastest repeat rate feels like 10 times slower than my
   preference. I didn't manage to find out the CLI way to enforce an
   extremely high key repeat rate under wayland.

2. redshift doesn't work under wayland. There seems to be no CLI
   program available for such purpose.

3. I don't know whether this has been improved, but in the past
   the mouse cursor latency was very obvious.