is Wayland/Weston mature enough to be the default desktop choice in Buster?

I was surprised to learn — by way of synaptic being autoremoved — that
the default desktop in Buster will be GNOME/Wayland. I personally do not
think that Wayland is a sensible choice for the default *yet*; and if
the consequence is that bugs for software that do not work properly with
Wayland have their severity inflated such that they are autoremoved (and
thus potentially removed entirely from Buster), a decision that — in
isolation — makes sense to me; although Synaptic is quite a high profile
package within Debian for this to happen.

I think the default should be reconsidered.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland