Re: duprkit User Repository

On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 12:51:15PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> On 2019/04/08 12:37, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
> Indeed. I can see why Mo would want to put it in one file, but the
> Debian package format can work just fine if you work from git
> repositories as you suggest, plus if it looks like a more or less usual
> debian source package, then it's a smaller leap to turn it into a real
> package that can graduate into making its way into Debian.

There is really shockingly small overhead for the single-file format.
At the mean time, converting things between the debian-folder and
single-file formats is really quick, smooth and easy with fold[1] and
unfold[2]. The only problem there is the conversion will fail if binary
blobs exist (not supported yet).

[1] https://github.com/dupr/duprkit/blob/master/bin/fold
    #!/bin/sh
    for file in $(find $1 -type f | sort); do
    	echo "^ $file"
    	cat $file
    done
[2] https://github.com/dupr/duprkit/blob/master/bin/unfold