Re: PPAs (Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR))

Hi,

The proposed idea is source-only-based, and is totally different
from PPA (source+binary-based). I'm a PPA user and I don't have
any reason to re-invent yet another PPA.

The proposed idea is to take some advantages from source-based
software distribution tools. Examples are available here:
https://github.com/dupr/duprkit
https://github.com/dupr/DefaultCollection

Only "packaging scripts" are provided. Upstream source are
downloaded by the scritps locally before the build. The proposed
idea will never involve "distributing resulting binary .deb packages".

Again, the idea is totally different from PPA.