Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:02:23PM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
I see your point and I agree with you yet renaming might still be
inappropriate and/or ineffective. I'd like to see stronger
justification for replacing uncomfortable reference to part of human
body because why should it be uncomfortable?

Have you read Matthew Vernon's reply to OP in this thread? Does that not
explain it?

If double "O" is a problem then how are we not offended by Google?

Because double "O" is not the problem.

If we swap body part reference to another body part like "leg" or
"arm", it becomes just ridiculous.

Do you mean: it would be ridiculous to perform s/boobs/arm/ in the
package? Indeed it would be. Or do you mean it would be ridiculous to
object to *arm* in packages or binary names?  Nobody is doing that. Or
do you mean something else?

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland