Re: Is Access to Salsa restricted to a certain number of queries per time and host?

Andreas Tille writes ("Re: Is Access to Salsa restricted to a certain number of queries per time and host?"):
> on Alioth.  But this does not work for remote repositories.  May be
> I'm missing something but how can I do this by using
>     git ls-remote
> ?  I have not found out how to get the said files.

git-ls-remote does not get you the files.  It can just tell you if the
ref you are interested in (HEAD, I guess) has been updated.

So your algorithm would be:

   sleep 5
   read <last-$package last
   current=`git ls-remote https://salsa/blah HEAD`
   if [ "x$current" = "x$last" ]; then exit 0; fi

   ... do stuff you currently do to fetch the individual files ...

   printf >last-$package.new "%s\n" "$current"
   mv last-$package.new last-$package

Ian.