Re: Is Access to Salsa restricted to a certain number of queries per time and host?

Andreas Tille writes ("Re: Is Access to Salsa restricted to a certain number of queries per time and host?"):
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:55:11AM +0000, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Or keeping a local clone and git pulling each of them over the course of
> > a week.
>
> Unfortunately I do not have access to a host that could store full
> clones of all those repositories which are potentially very large just
> to fetch 5-7 very small text files.

You could, however, cache the git revision, and then use git-ls-remote
to see if it had updated.

If you do that, and ratelimit your queries, you should not cause
operational difficulties for salsa, and I would guess you'll also not
get auto-blocked.

Ian.