Re: Is Access to Salsa restricted to a certain number of queries per time and host?

On 07/11/2018 10:18 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a daily cron job on host blends.debian.net to gather machine
> readable data from all blends packages.  The cron job fetches only the
> following files
>
>     debian/changelog
>     debian/control
>     debian/copyright
>     debian/README.Debian
>     debian/upstream/edam
>     debian/upstream/metadata
>
> (if the latter two exist) from about 2000 repositories.  These data are
> consumed in UDD from where they are used in the Blends web sentinel.  The
> script which is running can be found in Git[1].
>
> Unfortunately the cron job seems to stop with
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gitlab/exceptions.py", line 251, in wrapped_f
>     return f(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gitlab/mixins.py", line 48, in get
>     server_data = self.gitlab.http_get(path, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gitlab/__init__.py", line 728, in http_get
>     streamed=streamed, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gitlab/__init__.py", line 706, in http_request
>     response_body=result.content)
> gitlab.exceptions.GitlabHttpError: 429: b'Retry later\n'
>
> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/srv/blends.debian.org/misc/machine_readable/fetch-machine-readable_salsa.py", line 106, in <module>
>     project = gl.projects.get(pr.attributes['id']) # without this extra get repository_tree() fails
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gitlab/exceptions.py", line 253, in wrapped_f
>     raise error(e.error_message, e.response_code, e.response_body)
> gitlab.exceptions.GitlabGetError: 429: b'Retry later\n'

You could probably save yourself some trouble by not polling repos that
have had no activity since you last looked at them.

You're also right that salsa support issues don't really belong on this
list.

Cheers,
Julien