Re: Hi, I am blind

Paul Wise, le mar. 17 avril 2018 11:20:15 +0800, a ecrit:
> On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 10:15 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > Well, https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855446
>
> accessible-via seems different to what I propose.
>
> accessible-via references software that makes each package accessible.

Not exactly software, but the kind of support that software provides:
braille, speech, and which software because that makes a technical
difference in the quality of the information provided.

> The proposed accessible-to would reference classes of abilities that
> are required to use the package. For example accessible-to::sighted.
> I've no idea if this sort of thing would be useful though.

The problem is that "abilities" is a terrible beast to define. "sighted"
for instance does not mean anything, since there is an extremely wide
range of sightedness, which can't for instance actually be reduced a
single "quality" scalar value as opticians define. "being able to read
written braille", "being able to hear speech synthesis", "being able to
read a zoomed display", however, does mean something to users, thus the
accessible-via tags.

> > but it seems https://debtags.debian.org/ hasn't gotten updated yet.
>
> I'd suggest filing another bug about that.

Eww.

Samuel