Re: broken packages in unstable

Hi,

On 30-11-2018 20:45, Helmut Grohne wrote:
>  * If archive QA gets painful due to broken packages in unstable:
>    Ignore those that have no version in testing. It's an easy filter
>    with little misclassification.

That may be true for some QA, but for autopkgtesting of migration
candidates in testing, we need to add the unstable archive. To avoid
writing another installer, apt-get is called to install the required
packages. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find all the bugs in the
QA code yet to prevent unneeded packages from unstable. Not that I
expect this specific class to influence autopkgtest results, but we are
e.g. currently bitten by cruft for a specific class of packages, so the
quality of the unstable archive is causing me brain cell usage.

Paul