Re: julia_1.0.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 08:37:28PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> What harm are the packages doing sitting in unstable?  Distributing them
> does not have much point, but neither does removing them.

the rather few people working on (fully and partly) automated QA have to
spend brain and cpu cycles on it

> If someone does want to come along and fix the package, having it pass
> through NEW again is not a good use of ftpteam time.

first, that's partly why I suggested 3 months delays/warnings for these
autoremovals. second, during this time, like for the testing
autoremovals, a simple mail to that bug could+should reset the counter
of that 3 months period again. third, ftpmasters are smart, if exactly the
same package gets reuploaded i'm pretty confident the ftpmasters
can+will detect that easily and make it go through NEW faster. fourth,
sometimes people need incentives to do some work, I believe autoremovals
provide such incentives.

--
cheers,
	Holger