Re: wicd-daemon-run_1.0_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Stepping back a bit I think the ideal situation is this:
>
>  * All packages have sysvinit scripts for compatibility.

Preferably in a package maintained by someone who actually uses that
daemon with sysvinit, rather than one maintained by someone who doesn't.
(And bugs in the use of that package with sysvinit then belong to that
separate package, where the work can be done by people who want that
functionality. Also, s/All packages/All packages capable of running with
sysvinit/.)

Small packages are not a bug. Our archive not handling them well (to the
extent it doesn't, which seems questionable) is a bug. And it's
absolutely a feature to have runit scripts and sysvinit scripts and
configuration snippets of many sorts maintained in separate packages.

- Josh Triplett