Re: julia_1.0.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 21.11.18 16:56, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 03:19:33PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Why is any of this a reason for an ftpmaster REJECT ?  I still think
>> all of this should be handled as bugs (possibly RC bugs) in the BTS
>> in the conventional way, after ACCEPT.
>
> because why accept rc-buggy software in the archive (when we know it's
> rc-buggy), whether at NEW time or with any following upload?

is the decision about rc-buggy-ness one for ftp-master?  usually these issues
are sorted out between package maintainer, bug submitter, release team, and
maybe ctte.  I don't see ftp-master involved with that.  Sure it makes sense to
reject *obvious* rc issues, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I really like the approach of some ftp-masters to accept a package and then file
rc-issues, if there are some, like adding updated copyright information.  This
way you also have a place to discuss the issue.

Matthias