Re: julia_1.0.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

El miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2018 12:56:42 -03 Holger Levsen escribió:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 03:19:33PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Why is any of this a reason for an ftpmaster REJECT ?  I still think
> > all of this should be handled as bugs (possibly RC bugs) in the BTS
> > in the conventional way, after ACCEPT.
>
> because why accept rc-buggy software in the archive (when we know it's
> rc-buggy), whether at NEW time or with any following upload?

The time it takes a package to pass NEW is the first thing that comes to my
mind. Having to wait for 6 months to get a package REJECTED for something that
can be easily fixed, whether RC or not, is not fun.

Should we fix how the NEW queue works (adding more people seems to be failing
so far) in a way that turn arounds are fast [enough], then yes, it wouldn't be
so problematic.

[enough] I personally think in ~1 week, but YMMV.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/