Re: Our build system may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin

Matthias Klumpp writes ("Re: Our build system may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin"):
> Ideally the build system would correctly detect an usr-merged system
> and set paths accordingly.

I don't know how that would be possible.  If it's determined to
hardcode a path, the correct path to hardcode depends on the location
of the non-usrmerge system that the binary might later be installed
on.

Undesirable as baking build-time-detected paths into packages is, I
really don't think we can treat it as an RC bug.

Ian.