Re: Our build system may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the follow-up.

On 19 November 2018 at 15:45, Ian Jackson wrote:
| Dirk Eddelbuettel writes ("Our build system may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin"):
| > tl;dr:  We may be messing up /bin and /usr/bin on some platforms
|
| This is the result of the change of the buildds to have `usrmerge', ie
| merged /bin and /usr/bin.  I think this shows that this change is
| generating RC bugs in packages, and should be reverted.

That was very much my gut feel but I am a little removed from the more core
moving and shaking and I didn't know what changed recently.

FWIW GNU R is an rather obsessively clean user of to the autotools stack, so
I would agree that it failing here is a good-enough proof for having to
possibly revisiting things in our stack. I would expect much more breakage to
follow.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org