Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

Hi,

Joseph Herlant <herlantj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The consensus seems to be that people should enable email notifications in
> > salsa and open a bug when filing a merge request.
>
> That's indeed the best way to make the bridge between the BTS and the
> merge requests on Salsa.

Unsure, if this is an acceptable solution:
- since filing such bugreports is a manual step
- and most Debian volunteers are short on time
this is most likely to not happen very often IMO.
At least there is still a high chance for that merge requests, to rott on
Salsa for a long time.

Also, that would lead to two different places, where discussions on the
topic might be running, with different audience, which are not aware of
the other site.

And: for small things, that might be not worth a bugreport, one could think
that a merge request at salsa is a suitable way, but if package maintainers
are not aware of it, ...

In summary, this sounds like a semi-optimal solution to me.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076