Re: no{thing} build profiles

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 08:03:49PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> libgpgme is communicating with gnupg in the background - having
> libgpgme without gnupg itself will render the library completely
> unusable and break existing users of the library.
> Therefore, if you have something that wants libgpgme, you will also
> always want gnupg installed to ensure the library functionality is
> actually provided.

> Also, gnupg/libgpgme are tiny, so you won't waste much disk space
> here.

*Was* tiny.  gnupg now pulls in a pile of dependencies and is 12MB on top of
the package providing the actual gpg binary.

  https://bugs.debian.org/891931

For some applications, that's substantial.  I'm not sure if that's the case
for any of the reverse dependencies of libgpgme.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/